A scam may have one or more of these signs:
- You find the same property listed on other services with different rent or contact information.
- The deal is too good to be true.They want your credit card information right away.
- They ask you to wire money or send money using an app.
- The landlord is out of town or out of the country and cannot meet you.
- The address is not disclosed.
- The rent is very low, and the landlord offers to pay all utilities.
- The landlord will not speak with you on the phone or let you into a property to view it but note that some scammers will speak with you and even let you into a property they do not own.