The Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance (IERA) Program continues to provide financial assistance for rent and utility payments for Indiana residents whose income has been negatively impacted by the pandemic.

First time Applicants - Initial Application

To apply to the IERA Program for the first time, and to find out about additional resources and services, please call 2-1-1.  If you are in need of emergency rental assistance, be sure to mention "rental assistance" to the 2-1-1 operator.  You will have the option to begin an application over the phone or to be connected to a local nonprofit partner who will offer assistance, including creating a new application for the IERA program.

Returning Applicants

If you already have an active application for emergency rental assistance, please click here to access the applicant portal.  You are encouraged to check your email frequently for requests for additional information that may be necessary to complete documentation for your household.

If you have questions about your eligibility or payments of assistance, please contact Customer Service by calling 317-800-6000 or by emailing

Marion County or Hamilton County

Renters living in Hamilton County and Marion County (Indianapolis) are not eligible to apply for IERA ro IERA2.  Households living in Hamilton County should apply for rental assistance with their local municipality.  Households living in Marion County may access additional resources by callig 2-1-1. 

Hamilton County and Marion County residents with a pending eviction case where both tenants and landlord have agreeed to participate in the Indiana Supreme Court's Eviction Diversion Progrm may apply to IERA2.

You may also visit Marion County Eviction Prevention Initiatives.

Or you may visit Indiana Legal Help.

Landlords and Utility Providers

If you are a landlord or utility provider, please click here to access the Vendor Portal.

Other services

If you are interested in other counseling services including housing and family stability counseling, please contact IN-CAA via

If you require eviction-focused legal help, please visit for guidance and assistance.

For questions about other resources, please call 2-1-1.